Add Some Flavorful, Lean Protein to Your Keto Diet
Discover StarKist’s® protein-packed portfolio for some delicious tuna, chicken and salmon options.
The keto diet is a very low-carbohydrate, high-protein, high-fat diet. The goal of the diet is to replace carbohydrates with more protein and fat-based foods. This allows your body to enter ketosis by turning stored fat into ketones and burning those for energy, rather than burning sugar or glucose.
The keto diet is all about limiting carbs and embracing foods that are high in fats, like nuts and seeds, avocados, fatty fish and healthy oils. A simple way to get started on this diet is by prepping easy snack and meal options that you can grab and eat throughout the day.
Fish is a great source of lean protein, and when combined with extra virgin olive oil, it is a perfect option for people following the keto diet! Our StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® pouch and StarKist Selects® can varieties, including wild-caught StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna Pouch, StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Wild-caught Pink Salmon Pouch, StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna with Sun-dried Tomato Pouch and StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil are all great choices to incorporate into easy, keto-friendly recipes.
Our Tuna, Chicken and Salmon Creations® Pouches offer more delicious and convenient choices and are available in over 25 flavor varieties. They are also a convenient way to work more lean protein into your day. Just tear, eat and go® and discover your Creations flavor today! To see the full list of StarKist® products that fit into the keto diet lifestyle, check out our FAQs below.
Visit our Where to Buy page to find local retailers and online shopping options to stock up on your StarKist® favorites and to make your keto diet journey as successful as possible.
Team Charlie, don’t forget to sign up for our eNewsletters to get product news, tips, savings, recipes and more sent right to your inbox! Want to stay even more up to date with all things StarKist®? Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
This information is provided as general information only and should not be used in place of medical advice. Please talk with your health care provider before starting any diet or specialized eating plan.
FAQs: Want to know more about the keto diet? Check out our FAQs below!
The ketogenic, or keto, diet is an eating plan that is based on a very high-fat, moderate protein and very low-carbohydrate intake. There are variations of the diet, but if you are following the standard keto diet, 75 percent of your calories will come from fat, 20 percent from protein and only 5 percent from carbs. Most keto diet experts recommend keeping your carbohydrates between 20g and 50g a day.
The keto diet is focused on high fats and moderate protein. Keep it simple, but a little planning will make it super easy to follow. Try out these quick meal-prepping tips!
- Be sure to keep keto staples on hand.
- Cut up veggies, hard-boiled eggs and bags of salad, and store them in the fridge for easy options when you’re on the go.
- Try some of our quick Tear and Pair ideas, like a pouch of Tuna Creations® Herb & Garlic in a lettuce wrap or Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño with avocado slices.
Having the essentials, like StarKist® wild-caught Tuna, Salmon and American-raised Chicken Pouches, on hand makes it easy to pair a lean protein with produce whenever hunger strikes or you need a quick meal!
Of course not! It’s all about moderation, but snacking can certainly be a part of the keto diet. Mixing some lean protein with vegetables can be a great snack if you are following a keto diet. StarKist Creations® Pouches are a great option for grab-and-go snacks. Here is a useful tip sheet for “hacking your snacks.” You can also try some of these recipes for inspiration:
We have lots of delicious, easy recipes that are perfect if you are following a keto lifestyle. In addition to those recipes featured in our above gallery, here are some of our other favorites:
The keto diet includes flavorful foods that can be prepared ahead and taken on the go. Pack a salad or a bag of veggies for lunch, and just add a pouch of StarKist® wild-caught Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Creations®! These protein-packed pouches are easy to take with you, and you can eat them anywhere, anytime. Just tear, eat and go!®
Keto-friendly StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® products:
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna with Roasted Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon Dill and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Very Low Sodium Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Sardines in Tuscan Style Tomato Sauce
Keto-friendly StarKist Creations® Pouch products:
- Tuna Creations® Lemon Pepper
- Tuna Creations® Ranch
- Tuna Creations® Hickory Smoked
- Tuna Creations® BOLD Hot Buffalo Style
- Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño
- Tuna Creations® BOLD Tapatío
- Salmon Creations® Lemon Dill
- Chicken Creations® BOLD Buffalo Style
- Chicken Creations® Chicken Salad
- Chicken Creations® Zesty Lemon Pepper
Other keto-friendly StarKist® products:
- StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Oil
- StarKist® Solid Light Skipjack Tuna in Water
- StarKist® Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Oil
- StarKist® Low Sodium Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist® Wild Pink Salmon — Boneless, Skinless
- StarKist® Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon
- StarKist® Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon — Reduced Sodium