Add Some Flavorful, Lean Protein to Your WW Plan
Discover StarKist’s® protein-packed portfolio for some delicious tuna, chicken and salmon options.
The WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) plan has undergone a number of changes to give its members a variety of choices for what best meets their lifestyle and needs. Their members have the option for more or less “zero-point” foods and more or less “smart points,” based on their choice of a Green, Purple or Blue eating plan. All of the plans are based on general healthy eating recommendations. The difference is how many free foods you want and how many points you feel are best for you. You can switch plans at any time if your situation changes or if you find that one isn’t working. All plans are based on consuming a lot of fruits and vegetables, and they all incorporate lean proteins and whole grains.
Fish and chicken are lean proteins that are encouraged in the WW program. StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna, Albacore White Tuna and Wild Pink Salmon, as well as StarKist® Tuna, Salmon and Chicken Creations® and StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Tuna, Salmon and Sardine products, are all great choices to incorporate into easy, WW plan-friendly recipes.
Visit our Where to Buy page to find local retailers and online shopping options to stock up on your StarKist® favorites and to make your WW plan as successful as possible.
Team Charlie, don't forget to sign up for our eNewsletters to get product news, tips, savings, recipes and more sent right to your inbox! Want to stay even more up to date with all things StarKist®? Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
This information is provided as general information only and should not be used in place of medical advice. Talk with your health care provider before starting any diet or specialized eating plan.
FAQs: Want to know more about the WW plan? Check out our FAQs below!
The WW plan is an eating and lifestyle plan based on a diet that is rich in fruit, nuts and vegetables, lean proteins — like chicken and seafood — and low-fat dairy products. There are three variations of the plan, and subscribers to the plan can switch among them as they need or want to.
- The Green plan has a smaller portion of “zero-point” foods, most of which are fruits and vegetables, and gives more daily smart points to use.
- The Blue plan has a moderate amount of “zero-point” foods, which include fruits and vegetables and lean protein, and a moderate amount of daily smart points.
- The Purple plan has the most “zero-point” foods and a smaller number of daily smart points.
Members are asked a variety of questions when they sign up to help them decide which plan would likely work the best for them.
Meal-prepping is the key to being successful on any eating plan and will really help you if you are following one of the WW plans. Here are a few tips to help you manage your meal-planning:
- Plan your meals and shopping list ahead of time so you will always have what you need on hand.
- Keep bagged salads and cut up fruit and veggies in your fridge ready to go.
- Grill some lean proteins for the week, or just stock up on StarKist pouches of tuna, salmon and chicken.
- Keep a variety of fresh, frozen and canned (low-sugar and low-sodium) fruits, vegetables and beans available for easy meal-prep.
- Cook whole grains — like barley, farro and brown rice — ahead to add to soups, salads and vegetables for lunch or dinner.
You got it! In addition to the flavorful recipes featured in our above gallery, here are some of our favorites that work well if you are following a WW plan.
- Broccoli Sriracha Tuna Bowl
- Lemon Dill Zoodles and Salmon
- Salmon Cake Salad
- Spinach and Kale Chicken Salad
- Thai Broccoli Slaw Salad
Bonus: The vast majority of our recipes will fit in most WW plans.
Eating well when on the go can be a challenge, no matter what eating plan you follow! The WW plan includes flavorful foods that can be prepared ahead and taken on the go. Pack a salad for lunch, and just add a pouch of our tuna, salmon or chicken for a delicious lunch or portable snack. Keep a pouch of StarKist® Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Creations® in your desk drawer or pantry, and pair it with cut-up vegetables or make a quick lettuce wrap for an afternoon pick-me-up. Just tear and pair!
All StarKist® products should fit into most WW plans. Please note that the point values will differ based on the product.
WW plan-friendly Selects E.V.O.O.® products:
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna with Roasted Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon Dill and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- StarKist Selects® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects® Very Low Sodium Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water
- StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
WW plan-friendly StarKist Creations® Pouch products:
- StarKist® Chicken Creations® Chicken Salad
- StarKist® Chicken Creations® Classic BBQ
- StarKist® Chicken Creations® Teriyaki
- StarKist® Chicken Creations® Zesty Lemon Pepper
- StarKist® Chicken Creations® BOLD Buffalo Style
- StarKist® Salmon Creations® Lemon Dill
- StarKist® Salmon Creations® Mango Chipotle
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Bacon Ranch
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Ginger Sesame
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Herb & Garlic
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Hickory Smoked
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Honey BBQ
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Lemon Pepper
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Ranch
- StarKist Tuna Creations® Sweet & Spicy
- StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño
- StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Red Curry with Coconut
- StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Spicy Korean Style with Gochujang
- StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Sriracha
- StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Tapatío®
- StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Thai Chili Style
Other WW plan-friendly StarKist® products: